The coastal city of Wilmington, North Carolina has fun things to offer for the family all year long. While it is known for its warm and sunny beaches, Wilmington boasts fun winter attractions that welcome visitors and locals alike. Continue reading to discover 5 things to do this winter:
If you aren’t afraid of chilly weather and would like to spend some time outside this winter, Wilmington has several fun things to do, including:
- Wilmington Winter Wine & Beer Walk — This biannual event allows attendees to sample some of the region’s best wine and beer.
- Airlie Gardens — Dating back to 1884, Airlie Gardens is home to a 290-year-old oak tree. Taking a walk in the gardens is a great way to spend a winter afternoon.
- Live Oak Bank Pavilion — Are you looking for outdoor entertainment in Wilmington? Live Oak Bank Pavilion hosts shows and concerts all year long. From country to rock ‘n roll, this boutique venue has something for everyone.
Wilmington is home to many different restaurants and bars. Here are a few spots we recommend trying while in Wilmington:
- Marina Grill — This riverfront restaurant boasts a large menu of American cuisine. Customers can enjoy their meals while overlooking the Cape Fear River.
- Pinpoint Restaurant — This farm-to-table spot is perfect for those seeking New American cuisine in a relaxed setting. Pinpoint is located in the heart of historic downtown Wilmington, allowing guests to enjoy the area’s charm.
- Savorez — This cozy spot serves up Latin American dishes with flair for meat-eaters and vegetarians, alike. Whether you want a small bite to eat or a full feast, Savorez has you covered.
Wilmington has no shortage of shows during the winter. Whether you like the arts or music, Wilmington will likely have a show for you. Cozy up this winter and consider attending the following shows and venues:
- Annual NC Jazz Festival — The annual NC Jazz Festival will take place this winter at the Hotel Ballast Wilmington. This festival is a must-see for all jazz enthusiasts and music lovers.
- The Wilson Center — The Wilson Center hosts everything from educational events to speeches on urban studies. With events all year long, the Wilson Center is an ideal venue to visit during winter.
- Thalian Hall — Built in 1858, Thalian Hall is one of the oldest establishments in Wilmington and welcomes thousands of visitors every year. It has plays and theatrical performances all year long, with many options being family-friendly.
Wilmington’s historic downtown is filled with fun things to do in the winter.
- Cargo District — The Cargo District is a new area in Wilmington that features new restaurants, boutiques, and other small businesses. The Cargo District is also home to urban homes made of reclaimed shipping containers, as well as a co-working space.
- Historic Downtown — Wilmington’s Historic District is home to the Bellamy Mansion, the Wilmington Railroad Museum, and the Burgwin-Wright House. Visitors can also stroll the cobblestone streets of downtown Wilmington to admire the historic houses.
- South Front District — The South Front District is a mixed-use community featuring urban apartments, Mariposa Tapas Bar, Satellite Bar and Lounge, and Second Glass. Before you leave, make sure to stop by Yoga Salt for a class.
Support Small Business
Wilmington is home to many small businesses
- The Cotton Exchange — The Cotton Exchange is a series of historic buildings dating back to the 18th and 19th centuries. Now, the buildings are home to various artisans, small businesses, and restaurants for locals and tourists to enjoy all year long.
- Blue Moon Gift Shops — Blue Moon Gift Shops has been voted Best Gift Shop in Wilmington for several years in a row, and for good reason. Blue Moon Gift Shops is home to various vendors selling their goods, from pottery to jewelry.
- Lumina Station — Located just a few minutes from Wrightsville Beach, this boutique shopping center is a must-visit spot while in Wilmington.
Ready to call Wilmington your new home?
Contact River Bluffs today! Our friendly team of brokers and realtors look forward to helping you find the new home of your dreams!